About this iTalk
Mr. Dixon Ip, the Co-founder and Chief Coffee Officer of sensory ZERO, will share with us his experience and insights on:
- his startup journey;
- how he combines art, design and IT for the coffee industry;
- how he sustains and expands his business; and
- what are the difficulties and how did overcome these challenges.
- The talk will be recorded and photos will be taken during the talk.
- Students may attain 1.5 hour credit for the HLTH1010 Healthy Lifestyle Course "Wellness and Personal Enrichment" module
- The Zoom meeting ID and passcode will be sent to registrants one day before the iTalk via email
Enquiries: Alice Ho (firstname.lastname@example.org)
About the Speaker
A coffee connoisseur and coffee maestro, Dixon Ip is a HKUST MSc graduate in computer science. Dixon started his first siphon coffee bar, Xen Coffee, in 2008. Since then, Dixon has co-founded an education division, COFFEE Lab Asia; a roastery, Sensory Artisan; and a specialty coffee shop, sensory ZERO (one of the most successful independent coffee shops in Hong Kong that has eight branches to date).
Dixon is a certified CQI Q Arabica InstructorⓇ, an Authorized SCA Trainer & Certifier, a World Coffee Events (WCE) Representative & Certified Judge in World Barista Championship (WBC), World Brewers Cup (WBrC), World Latte Art Championship (WLAC), World Coffee in Good Spirits Championship (WCIGS) & World Coffee Roasting Championship (WCRC), Dixon is also a Certified Judge in World Siphonist Championship 2013-2016 and Voluntary Advisor to the Hong Kong Professional Coffee Association (HKPCA).
More about Dixon: https://alum.hkust.edu.hk/alumni-kaleidoscope/2378/dixon-ip